Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Day 2 - A recollection of 3 dreams





I went to bed last night around {12:47} and my experiment to wake myself up in about 5 hrs did not work. My alarm did not sound [ my fault ]. However I did wake up in the middle of my sleep worried because my alarm did not sound and did not recall much of any dreams. After going back to sleep, I awoke again around {9:40} hitting my alarm until about {10:30} when I jogged my memory of my dreams and wrote down what I remembered of 3 dreams.

{ I was somewhere really odd. It was like sea port or something. I was with my sisters, and we were trying to get tickets to get back home. However, there was some type of a time limit. So I told my older sister we have to rush to get these tickets. And the only way to get them is from this machine [ like the ones in the city that dispense metro cards ]. Before we rushed over there we were in a large futuristic room and Jon Stewart from the Daily Show was there. I don't remember talkng to him but I know we interacted. When we arrived at the machine my sister first put in her money, but I think she actually put a ticket into the machine. Because when she put it in there was a large metal shelf on the machine that began to fill up with dollar bills and coins. All types of coins and bills in no particular order. The bills were sandwiched between coins and it was impossible to sort through it all. I remember thinking to myself ' this isn't exactly efficient, they would get a low customer service rating '. I remember at this point Steven Colbert of The Colbert Report being there. And agian I do not remember how we interacted but I know that we did. }


The next dream is somewhat blurrier. Maybe connected somehow.

{ I remember driving up an extremely rocky, and steep hill on my own. I was scared. It was scary because someone I was driving towards was racist [ I think ] . So I'm driving, and my front, right tire, is blown out but I continue on. And I remember thinking ' I'm only dreaming that this tire is blown because the tire on my car is' . [ But I did not actually recognize, or past that point atleast I did not recognize I was dreaming. I was not really lucid at all. ] So finally I get to where I want to be but for some reason I passed it and made a quick K turn to get around, and sped into this building. I could drive right into this building because it was just made of rocks and there was a large entrance. I got out of the car and there was a lot of noise, there were children, and I knew that one of them was my cousin. I called to him, and they were playing music, he didn't want me to tell his parents what he was doing. All I remember is not really being able to find him, we were just yelling back and forth to eachother. }

I just remembered a small piece of another dream.

{ I was at my old roommates house and everything was dark. It was as if they were all just getting up or going to bed. Mostly everyone was in bed except my old roommate. I had my shirt off for some reason and when I walked into the room his brother [ the only one he has ] said how ripped I look. I was happy to hear it. I thought to myself, ' My old roommate must be sad to hear that because we've all tried to work out a lot and it hasn't worked for him quite as much' [ I only thought that because his brother has become way bigger then him, but we are about the same size. small. ] Anyway, when I turned around his other younger brother who appeared to be about 13 years old [ he doesn't have two younger brothers ] was in the bed. I was like wow, do you live here? And he responded that he does, he just came to Rutgers this semester and he is studying something that I couldn't quite make out. At this point we got to talking a bit more and he was really odd. I recognized he has very flamboyant tendencies and then he mentioned that he was a cheerleader in highschool and is a chearleader now. He was going to be a professional he said. ' He must be gay' I thought, and in my head I laughed [ because I know that must be weird for my old roommate and his brother because they are both somewhat homophobic ]. }

Wow I can't believe that entire other dream came back to me like that. I am definitely extremely happy with the results of Day 2 [ technically testing Day 1 ]. I remembered a good portion of 3 dreams and simply writing them down allowed me to recall more details. Tonight I will make sure to continue the experiment, and actually set a working alarm [ at a low volume as to not wake my roommate ]. I am interested to see that I was lucid for an extremely small part of one of my dreams. However, it was so minute of a thought it did not effect anything. I questioned the tire, but not the scenery which was complete abstract. I'll have to look out for those details in future dreams.


I'll see you tomorrow.

No comments: